Burglars have become smarter over the years and they know who to target and when. Burglars are not blundering fools like they are often depicted on TV, especially in comedy shows. They don’t wear striped tops and black berets while carrying a bag with the word “Swag” on it.
Burglars are smart, they are not easy to spot and look like anyone else. And with smart tools they can break into any house and find where you have hidden your valuables.
How to stop your home being targeted:
- Lock all your doors even when you’re inside the house.
- Don’t leave any windows open, not event the first-floor windows open.
- Don’t let mail pile up where it can be seen from the outside. On the inside of your front door put a container which catches all your mail from the letter box.
- Never announce that you are going away.
- Don’t post holiday photos online anywhere until you’ve returned.
- Have security lights at the front and back of your property so anyone approaching is illuminated. Have them installed high up so they cant be tampered with.
- Burglars like an easy job – make it as difficult for them as possible for them and you’re far less likely to be targeted.
Consider storing your valuables at Bank House Lockers!
- It is safe, secure and affordable.
- State of the art security systems.
- 24/7, 365 days round the clock monitoring with Police response.
- Fireproof vault & safe from natural disasters.
- Access for registered members only.
- FCA regulated.
Reporting crime to the police
If you witness a crime, report it by calling 101 or, in an emergency, call 999. You can also report crime online at https://www.met.police.uk/
Stay alert! Stay safe! Secure your valuables!